PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
We will be accepting applications on June 1, 2017 – June 30, 2017.
You are applying to the Alabama Association of RC&D Councils and our grants are considered to be statewide grants. In order for your grant to be considered for funding, your project must take place in three council regions or more. If you would like to apply for a grant for a local project please visit the “Find Your Council” page and contact your local council.
All RC&D Councils, along with the Alabama Association, begin the fiscal year on October 1st. If your application is approved for funding you will be able to start your project on or after October 1st and will be required to finish your project by August 1st the following year. You will have approximately 10 months to complete your project for reimbursement. ***Please note that individual councils may have different deadlines than the Alabama Association; however, all offices begin the year on October 1st.
Requirements if your application is approved:
- You MUST be a 501c3 Non-Profit Organization or unit of government/public entity (i.e. school, park, fire department, senior center, etc.)
- The funding is on a reimbursement basis. You will not receive your grant funding until you have completed your project.
- You will receive and sign a cooperative agreement before you begin your project. This will outline what is expected of you to receive reimbursement.
- You will be given our logo and will be required to credit the Alabama Association of RC&D Councils.
- There will be a couple of forms to fill out that you will turn in to receive reimbursement.
Please do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or desire any additional information.